MULTIPLICATION WORD PROBLEMS
Think Boards are a great, visual device for helping children to solve math word problems. They encourage the use of different strategies to solve problems. Armed with the knowledge and experience of using a variety of strategies, the children will start to make their own decisions as to the most appropriate strategy for them to use at any one time.
You will find:
- 6 posters showing the strategies used on the Think Boards for you to print and display in the classroom
- 20 Think Boards – (2 per page)
- 4 Think Boards – (2 per page) the number sentence (equation) is provided and students must create the number story
- 2 Assessment Worksheets – each with 4 word problems. and 1 number sentence (the student must provide the word problem).
The strategies used in the resource are:
- Draw a picture
- Make a tally
- Make an array
- Use repeated addition
- Write a number sentence
- Use a number line
ACMNA031; ACMNA056; ACMNA057.
(Source: Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), downloaded from the Australian Curriculum website on (11/6/16).
Year 2 and 3
Digital resource – PDF
Number of Pages
Other resources you may be interested in:
- Addition Word Problems – Think Boards – Sums to 20
- Speed Math Basic Facts 50 Club
- Australian Money Worksheets Year 2/3
This item is for one classroom and personal use only. It is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the digital Millennium Copyright Act.