ADDITION WORD PROBLEMS THINK BOARDS – BUNDLE
Sums to 10
Think Boards are a wonderful device for helping students solve word problems. The student is prompted to use five different strategies to help solve the word problem. The strategies used are: ‘Draw a Picture’, ‘Use a Number Line’, ‘Use a Ten Frame’, ‘Write a Number Sentence’ and ‘Make a Tally’. The word problems in these packages deal with addition sums to ten. This bundle brings together four types of word problems:
There are four packages in the bundle. Each package includes:
- 5 posters showing the strategies used on the Think Boards
- 10 Think Boards with sums to 10
- 5 Think boards – the number sentence (equation) is provided and students must create the number story
- 2 Assessment Worksheets – each with 4 word problems.
That makes a total of 40 word problems – one for every week of the school year – and 8 assessment worksheets (another 32 problems)! Please check the previews of the individual resources if you need further information:
- Addition Word Problems Think Boards – Result Unknown – Sums to 10
- Addition Word Problems Think Boards – Change Unknown – Sums to 10
- Addition Word Problems Think Boards – Start Unknown – Sums to 10
- Addition Word Problems Think Boards – Compare – Sums to 10
(Source: Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), downloaded from the Australian Curriculum website on (19/5/16).
Year 1 and 2
Digital – PDF
Number of Pages
Other resources you may be interested in:
This item is for one classroom and personal use only. It is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the digital Millennium Copyright Act.