ADDITION WORD PROBLEM THINK BOARDS
COMPARE – Sums to 10
Think Boards are a wonderful device for helping students solve word problems. The student is prompted to use five different strategies to help solve the word problem. The strategies used are: ‘Draw a Picture’, ‘Use a Number Line’, ‘Use a Ten Frame’, ‘Write a Number Sentence’ and ‘Make a Tally’. The word problems in this package deal with addition sums up to ten. They are all “Compare ” problems.
You will find:
- 5 posters showing the strategies used on the Think Boards for display in the classroom
- 10 Think Boards – “Compare” addition word problems – with sums to 10.
- 5 Think boards – the number sentence (equation) is provided and students must create a number story themselves.
- 2 Assessment Worksheets – each with 4 word problems.
**PLEASE NOTE** This resource is included in a bundle for a reduced price. Please CLICK HERE if you are interested.
(Source: Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), downloaded from the Australian Curriculum website on (19/5/16).
Year 1 and 2
Digital – PDF
Number of Pages
Other resources you may be interested in:
- Addition Word Problem Think Boards – Result Unknown – Sums to 10
- Addition Word Problem Think Boards – Change Unknown – Sums to 10
- Addition Word Problem Think Boards – Start Unknown – Sums to 10
- Addition Word Problem Think Boards – Bundle – Sums to 10
This item is for one classroom and personal use only. It is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the digital Millennium Copyright Act.