ADDITION WORD PROBLEMS START UNKNOWN
THINK BOARDS Sums to 20
Think Boards are a great, visual device for helping children to solve math word problems. They encourage the use of different strategies to solve problems. Armed with the knowledge and experience of using a variety of strategies, the children will start to make their own decisions as to the most appropriate strategy for them to use at any one time.
The word problems in this package deal with addition sums up to twenty. They are all “Start Unknown” problems.
You will find:
- 5 posters showing the strategies used on the Think Boards for you to print and display in the classroom
- 10 Think Boards – (2 per page) “Start Unknown” addition word problems – numbers to 20
- 4 Think Boards – the number sentence (equation) is provided and students must create the number story
- 2 Assessment Worksheets – each with 5 word problems.
(Source: Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), downloaded from the Australian Curriculum website on (22/5/17).
Year 1 and 2
Digital Resource – PDF
Number of Pages
Other resources you may be interested in:
- Addition Word Problems Sums to 20 BUNDLE
- Addition Word Problems Sums to 10 BUNDLE
- Subtraction Word Problems to 20 BUNDLE
This item is for one classroom and personal use only. It is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the digital Millennium Copyright Act.