ADDITION WORD PROBLEMS
Sums to 20 THINK BOARDS Bundle
Think Boards are a great, visual device for helping children to solve math word problems. They encourage the use of different strategies to solve problems. Armed with the knowledge and experience of using a variety of strategies, the children will start to make their own decisions as to the most appropriate strategy for them to use at any one time.
This bundle brings together four types of addition word problems:
There are four packages of addition word problems in this BUNDLE.
In each package there are:
- 5 posters showing the strategies used on the Think Boards for you to print and display in the classroom
- 10 Think Boards – (2 per page) addition word problems – numbers to 20
- 4 Think Boards – the number sentence (equation) is provided and students must create the number story
- 2 Assessment Worksheets – each with 5 word problems.
If you would like to look at the individual packages, please click on the links below:
(Source: Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), downloaded from the Australian Curriculum website on (22/5/17).
Year 1 and 2
Digital Resource – PDF
Number of Pages
Other resources you may be interested in:
- Addition Word Problems Sums to 10 – Think Boards – BUNDLE
- Subtraction Word Problems – Think Boards – BUNDLE
This item is for one classroom and personal use only. It is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the digital Millennium Copyright Act.