AUSTRALIAN MONEY MATCHING GAMES
Here are 5 exciting money matching games for your students to practise counting mixed groups of coins. They require minimal preparation – just print, cut and laminate (if desired). A bank of coins, dice and counters are also needed for two of the games.
- Concentration or Memory
- Moneybags – based on the well known card game “War”.
- Thief! – players draw cards from a bag and count or make up amounts of money. But watch out for the thief!
- Go Fish
- Spiral – players either collect money from the bank or pay money into the bank, depending on the card they landed on.
A great package to supplement any Australian Money program!
(Source: Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), downloaded from the Australian Curriculum website on (7/2/2017).
Year 1 and 2
Number of Pages
Other resources you may be interested in:
- Australian Money BUNDLE Year 1/2
- Australian Money Worksheets Year 1/2
- Australian Money Posters and Game Year 1/2
- Australian Money Game and Task Cards Year 1/2
- Australian Money Worksheets Year 2/3
- Australian Money BUNDLE Year 2/3
This item is for one classroom and personal use only. It is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the digital Millennium Copyright Act.