MATHEMATICS ASSESSMENT YEAR 3
This maths assessment for year 3 students links to the Australian Curriculum. It covers Number & Algebra, Measurement & Geometry and Statistics & Probability. This package includes three assessments that will help to provide data that you can use to inform judgements of student achievement at certain times of the school year. I recommend that teachers administer the tests at the following times:
- Assessment A – beginning of the school year – based on Australian Curriculum Maths Year Two Content Descriptions. The tests assess the attainment of year two content.
- Assessment B – end of Semester 1 – based on Australian Curriculum Maths Year Three Content Descriptions.
- Assessment C – end of Semester 2 – based on Australian Curriculum Maths Year Three Content Descriptions.
Also included in this package are answers and an Excel worksheet to record results. The worksheet will automatically provide the total score and percentage for each strand and a grand total, with percentage, for each assessment. This gives an excellent overview of the students’ results and the teacher can use the results to identify strengths and weaknesses, both for individuals and the whole class, very helpful for ongoing planning.
You will find:
- Curriculum Links (8 pages)
- Instructions (2 pages)
- Marking Key (2 pages)
- Assessment A (11 pages) + Answers (11 pages)
- Assessment B (12 pages) + Answers (12 pages)
- Assessment C (12 pages) + Answers (12 pages)
- Recording spreadsheet (3 pages)
ACMNA026, 027, 028, 030, 031, 032, 033, 034, 035, 036; ACMMG037, 038, 039, 040, 041, 042, 043, 044, 045, 046; ACMSP047, 048, 049, 050
ACMNA051, 052, 053, 054, 055, 056, 057, 058, 059, 060; ACMMG061, 062, 063, 064, 065, 066; ACMSP067, 068, 069, 070;
(Source: Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), downloaded from the Australian Curriculum website (1/1//17).
Digital download – Zip file
Number of Pages
Other resources you may be interested in:
This item is for one classroom and personal use only. It is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.