Explore our place in space with this engaging mini-unit designed with Australian Prep and Foundation students in mind! Over 6 mini lessons, your little learners will explore where their school is in terms of their street/road, suburb, state, country and planet.
Your little learners will LOVE exploring their place in space with these hands-on activities and printables! The unit has been planned over 6 lessons, all detailed with resources to match and suggested assessment tasks! All the hard work has been done for you!
What’s included in the unit?
- Possible unit outline with a suggested 6 lesson sequence + assessment tasks
- “What does your house look like?” printable with space to draw and write
- “What can you see on our road?” printable with spaces to draw and write
- “Tally the transport that passes you on the road” numeracy activity
- “Colour the things you might see in our neighbourhood” printable
- “My favourite place” drawing and writing activity
- “Our favourite places” class book cover with matching printable sheets for students to fill in
- Australian States and Territories posters to be used for a lesson on exploring your State (lesson plans included on unit outline).
- Australian States and Territories posters for a Write-the-room activity + matching printable for students to fill in.
- Earth craft activity
- “Our place in space” assessment task
- Editable Place posters in POWERPOINT form + completed PDF posters for Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and Earth.
“Love ALL the resources you create Casey!!! They make things fun and interesting. Love how you always have a “hands on” element. Thank you.” – Kerry Ann
– Introduction + Our Homes
– Our School
– Our Suburb
– Our State
– Our Country
– Our Planet
Please note that some lessons may require some resource development on your part (for example, putting together a slideshow of images relevant to your state).
You will receive a PDF document of all your resources as well as an editable POWERPOINT file to create your own Place Posters. I have included posters featuring beautiful photographs for Brisbane city, Queensland, Australia and Earth at the end of the PDF resource, just in case you’re a Brisbane local like myself!
“Thank you. I will be using your posters as anchor charts for my geography unit. I especially love they are relevant to our local area! Well designed. Easy to read and a great visual for all learners.”- Jenny
Happy playful learning!