A book a week: Possum Magic by Mem Fox
Read the book daily for a week and complete an activity a day – oh so simple!
1. Pre-Reading Words – a list of story words.
2. Sequencing – students cut and sequence story events – two versions available (one harder and one easier with less events).
3. Story Map – students recall main story events. Two versions available.
4. Matching – students cut and match story foods to the location Hush ate them i.e. pavlova and Perth go together.
5. Multiple Choice Comprehension
6. Phonics Find/Sort – Two versions given. Students search or sort story words with ‘th’, ‘sh’ and double letters. Answers provided.
7. Cloze Comprehension
8. Survey – students develop their oral language skills by surveying their classmates.
9. Australian Map – students draw story foods on the map, based on where Hush tried them.
10. Draw and Label – student draw and label foods Hush tried on her journey.
11. Beginning/Middle/End – recall sheet.
12. Possum Facts poster
13. Mini Report Writing template – Two options… one for writing, the other for drawing. Use the poster as a reference for these sheets.
14. Word Sleuth
** Please note that US and non-US spelling has been catered for in this product **
All activities were created with Year/Grade 1 or 2 in mind!