Introduce or review word families, rhyming words and CVC words with these “Word Family Houses” printables! Use the blank pages as graphic organizers, create a book with the B&W pages or enlarge the coloured pages as posters for display in your classroom!
Includes QLD Beginners Font, NSW Foundation Font, VIC Modern Cursive Font, SA Font, TAS Font and a Standard Primary Font suitable for all!
- 16 BLANK word family houses / graphic organizers
- 16 B&W word family houses with pictures
- 16 coloured word family houses with pictures
- A coloured and B&W cover page to use the houses as a booklet
- Primary Font and all Australian School fonts!
What word families are included?
The following word families are included in this packet – at, an, ap, am, it, in, ig, en, ed, et, ot, op, ox, ug, un, ut.
“Great resource for Preps who are learning to read and write!” Bronwyn
How to Use:
These printable word family houses are a great way to introduce and review word families with your Prep and Kindergarten students. They can be used in so many ways!
When introducing a word family with your little learners, you could blow up the blank graphic organizers to A3 size and collaboratively complete the chart together. You could then send your little learners to their desks to fill in their own smaller copy of the word family house. Use the cover on pages 3 or 4 to create little word family house booklets!
I often suggest displaying STUDENT examples rather than teacher created or printed resources for displays in your classroom. Your little learners are so much more likely to refer to your displays if they helped to create them! However, in a recent update, I have created a set of colour and B&W versions that you may like to use as well.
Your download includes the following fonts:
- Primary Font – standard font for all young children
- All Australian State School Fonts – QLD Beginner’s Font, NSW Foundation Font, VIC Modern Cursive Font, SA Font and TAS Font.
Happy playful learning!