SUBTRACTION WORD PROBLEMS
Think Boards – Start Unknown
The word problems in this resource deal with subtraction sums up to twenty. They are all “Start Unknown” problems. They are presented on Think Boards, a device that suggests different strategies to use to solve the problem. Armed with the knowledge and experience of using a variety of strategies, the children will start to make their own decisions as to the most appropriate strategy for them to use at any one time.
You will find:
- 5 posters showing the strategies used on the Think Boards for you to print and display in the classroom
- 10 Think Boards – (2 per page) “Start Unknown” subtraction word problems – numbers to 20
- 4 Think Boards – the number sentence (equation) is provided and students must create the number story
- 2 Assessment Worksheets – each with 5 word problems.
**Please note** These subtraction word problems are available in a bundle at a reduced price. Please CLICK HERE to see the bundle.
ACMNA015, ACMNA030, ACMNA036
(Source: Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), downloaded from the Australian Curriculum website on (26/4/17).
Year 1 and 2
Digital Resource – PDF
Number of Pages
Other resources you may be interested in:
- Subtraction Word Problems – Think Boards – Result Unknown
- Subtraction Word Problems – Think Boards – Change Unknown
- Subtraction Word Problems – Think Boards – Compare
- Subtraction Word Problems – Think Boards – BUNDLE
This item is for one classroom use only. It is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the digital Millennium Copyright Act.