34 pages of higher order thinking reading comprehension resources for the picture book “Thelma the Unicorn” by Aaron Blabey.
The reading comprehension activities include: making connections, character traits, word work, the 4H reading strategy, a fun rhyming words game featuring Thelma and Otis, idioms and so much more!
– Making connections – text-to-text; text-to-self; text-to-world
– Text-to-self connections – Uniquely Me!
– Character traits – with text evidence and the STEAL strategy
– Y chart: fame
– Word study – definitions; graphic organisers; idioms about fame
– Text structure – summarising; beginning, middle, end and message
– Rhyming words game featuring Thelma and Otis
– 4H reading strategy – posters, bookmarks, student-generated questioning
– Bookmarks to promote reading
Please note that this resource is for single classroom use only.
This resource is for personal/classroom use only and is not to be distributed further. No sharing of this product is permitted through internet groups/blogs, offline groups, school district or regional websites/servers, discussion lists, school websites/servers, or personal websites.