Welcome to The Alphabet Tree. By using the website and services offered by The Alphabet Tree you agree to the following terms and conditions.
This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the website at www.alphabetttree.com.au and all services provided by The Alphabet Tree.
The Alphabet Tree is a Marketplace
The Alphabet Tree is an online marketplace that allow users to sell and buy original teaching resources (Products) By buying a product on The Alphabet Tree does not transfer legal ownership of Products from the seller to the buyer.
You and The Alphabet Tree are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, or joint venture is intended or created by this Agreement. You agree that The Alphabet Tree is a service supplier that enables members and users to connect and trade (buy and sell) teaching resources with one another and is not responsible or liable for any Content, including but not limited to, data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links posted by you, other users, or outside parties on the Site. You use the Site, services and tools at your own risk.
The Alphabet Tree
While using the Site, The Alphabet Tree, you will NOT:
• Violate any laws, third party rights or The Alphabet Tree policies.
Post Content or Products in an inappropriate category or areas on our Site and services;
• Use our Site, services or tools if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Site, services or tools;
• Fail to deliver payment for Products purchased by you, unless the seller has materially changed the Product’s description after you have purchased or a clear typographical error is made;
• Manipulate the price of any Product or interfere with other users’ listings;
• Circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to The Alphabet Tree;
• Post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous Content (including personal information);
• “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
• Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of the Site or using it for purposes unrelated to The Alphabet Tree);
• Access or use the Site, including but not limited to the Rewards Program and any other promotion that may be offered on the Site, through any automated or non-human means, such as through bots, spiders, scripts, or software;
• Access or use the Site for the purpose of scraping, harvesting, mining, or other data extraction;
• Access or use the Site and cause any interference or disruption to the Site’s operations, including but not limited to interference or disruptions caused by viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other such applications;
• Transfer your account (including feedback) and User ID to another party without our consent;
• Distribute or post spam, unsolicited, or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
• Post, email, or otherwise make available Content that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
• Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm The Alphabet Tree, or the interests or property ofThe Alphabet Tree users; and
• Collect personal data or user email addresses without the user’s consent.
Conditions for Listing Products on the Site
By listing a Product on the Site, you assume full responsibility for the Content of the listing and Product offered, and accept the following listing conditions: When you list a Product on the Site, your listing will be posted on the Site and can be viewed in your Dashboard. Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances), You warrant that you and all aspects of the Product comply with The Alphabet Tree published policies and that you may legally sell the Product. You must accurately describe your Product and all terms of sale in your shop. All Products must be listed in an appropriate category with appropriate tags. Each listing must accurately and completely describe the Product(s) for sale in that listing. Each unique Product must have its own listing.
If The Alphabet Tree users are found abusing the Site, services or tools, we may limit, suspend or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to the Site and the Content, services and tools, delay or remove hosted Content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the Site if we think that they are creating problems or possible legal liabilities, infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. We may also, at our discretion, suspend or terminate accounts of users who may be repeat infringers of intellectual property rights of third parties. We reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts as well as accounts that have been inactive for a long period of time, or to modify or discontinue the Site, services or tools. The Alphabet Tree also reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
Please report and problems, offensive Content, and policy violations to The Alphabet Tree immediately.
Limitation of Liability
You will not hold The Alphabet Tree responsible for other users’ Content, Products, actions or inactions. We do not transfer legal ownership of Products from the seller to the buyer. Further, we cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Site, services or tools, and operation of our Site, services or tools may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, we exclude all implied warranties, terms and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill or reputation, or any special, indirect or consequential damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of your use or your inability to use our Site, services and tools.
Fees and Services
The Alphabet Tree is free to join to buy or sell products.
Users that wish to buy from The Alphabet Tree join for free and pay no monthly membership, transaction fees service fees or commission.
Seller’s that wish to open a store on The Alphabet Tree need to become a member to do so.
Seller’s that wish to buy on The Alphabet Tree need to become a member.
To open a store vendors agree to pay The Alphabet Tree a fee of 20% of the selling price of each Product sold plus a paypal transaction fee of $0.30 and 2% of product total per order. The Alphabet Tree’s Fee Policy is subject to change at any time and is incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
Changes to the Fee Policy and the fees for The Alphabet Tree ‘s services are effective after they provide you with at least fourteen (14) days’ notice by posting the changes on the Site. The Alphabet Tree may choose to temporarily change the fees for promotional events and such changes are effective when The Alphabet Tree posts the temporary promotional event on the Site. The Alphabet Tree may, at it’s sole discretion, change some or all of The Alphabet Trees ‘s services at any time. In the event The Alphabet Tree introduces a new service, the fees for that service are effective at the launch of the service.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars)
You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with using The Alphabet Tree.
The Alphabet Tree will collect payment from buyers and will then distribute money owed to sellers. Commissions after a sale are made to the seller through a paypal therefore all sellers must have an active Paypal account (PayPal – Premier version) connected to their vendor accounts.
Buyers are required to pay for their teaching content / product through PayPal.
Users are solely and exclusively responsible for any legal responsibility relating to obtaining an ABN and all the regulations which are associated with it, including all taxable responsibilities.
Goods and Services Tax
Users of the service agree that they are absolutely and solely liable and accountable for any GST that may apply to any sales finalised through the use of the service.
The sum owed for any taxable amount completed through or in agreement with these terms and User Agreement is exclusive of GST.
The sum owed for any taxable amount completed through or in agreement with these terms and User Agreement shall be increased by the percentage of GST enforced by law and regulation.
Any sellers residing in any country outside of Australia are not obliged to add GST to their items which are being offered for sale; an exemption to this applies if the seller has a permanent business franchise or other enterprise base in Australia in which case GST is to be added if they qualify for this under legislation.
Alphabet Tree may provide you with the opportunity to participate in blogs, groups, feedback, and other communication functionality and may provide you with the opportunity, through such features or otherwise, to submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute or broadcast content and materials, including, without limitation, photographs, writings, computer graphics, pictures, data, questions, comments, suggestions or personally identifiable information (collectively, “Content”).
All digital teaching content / products for sale are final and no refunds are available. If a digital resource is misleading or defective; The Alphabet Tree may in its sole discretion make exceptions to this policy on a case-by-case basis and may issue the buyer a refund for such a purchase in the form of a store credit to be used on the site.