You have chosen your colour palette, you have a name picked out for your store, so the next step is to design your Logo.
Let us look at some of the designs created by our ALPHABET TREE sellers and consider
- Colour choice
- Clip art and design
Consider how their logo reflects their niche.
LogoDesign – 5 basic tips
- Keep the design simple-The best logos are ones that give the viewer an immediate sense of “you” in a nutshell. Your store, your interests and your niche. In general with logo design, less is more and simplicity has greatest impact.
- Use colours strategically – Make sure your logo design is attractive, and eye catching. A clever use of colours can make it look unique, there is a feeling that goes with each colour that can convey more than words eg red can mean energy and passion, blue- calmness and trust. Therefore the colours that you choose can express the feelings that you want to evoke.
- Make it scaleless and versatile- by this I mean that your logo needs to be clear no matter what size eg on your blog, store post, products etc
- Make it memorable- your logo should be instantly recognisable when the customer sees it. Consider big companies like Kmart , TARGET, twitter, Facebook….. and instantly you recognise the company
- Make it timeless- Try to create an ‘evergreen’ logo that will not date, nor will you tire of. You will be working with this logo for a VERY long time!!! Do not rely on trends.
- Logo design must be a unique concept based on specific design requirements of a business. The strategic use of colours, fonts, and other elements should be there in the logo. But it should also be a scaleless, versatile, and memorable design
Here is a list of more websites that you can use to help design your logo
It is definitely time well spent…the logo design process can be time consuming, but definitely worth while in the long run
|Ease of use||Customizability||Cost||Best for||Comment|
|Logo Maker Shop||Easy||Low||★★★½||Bold and modern brands|
|Logo maker – Logo Creator||Easy||High||★★★||Casual brands|
|Watercolor Logo Maker||Easy||Low||★★½||Cute brands|
|ICONA – Logo Designer||Easy||Medium||★★½||Fans of minimalist design|
|DesignMantic – Logo Maker||Difficult||Medium||★★||B2B/Professional brands|
|LogoScopic Studio – Logo Maker||Medium||Medium||★½||Clip art fans|
|Logo Maker + Logo Creator||Difficult||Low||★||Not much|